Monday 30 March 2015

Gunmen kill one, set electoral materials ablaze in Bauchi

vanguardngr.com
Operatives of Lagos State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID, are currently investigating the murder of 30-year-old Idowu Malik, aka Ori-gold who was supposedly murdered by one Ali Mustapha at Ikotun area of Lagos.
It was learned that the suspect, Ali Mustapha, a petty trader, operates a mini kiosk where he sells household items and other consumables like cigarettes to residents in the neighbourhood.
Vanguard gathered that, at about 7pm that evening, the victim, Idowu, came to Ali’s shop to purchase a stick of cigarette, which he purportedly bought on credit. An hour later Idowu came back to Ali’s shop and demanded for another stick of cigarette without paying for the previous one.
Trouble, however began when Ali refused to sell another stick of cigarette to the victim on credit, a reaction that didn’t go well with Idowu. What followed was a confrontation that later degenerated into a brawl. During the fight, Ali allegedly hit Idowu on his head with a huge stick. Vanguardlearned he reportedly bled to death before he got help.
Suspect’s Confession
Confessing to the crime, 42-year-old Ali Mustpha said: “I am from Kwara State, I have a shop where I sell articles, that evening Ori-gold came to buy a stick of cigarette from me without paying. Later, he came back and asked for another stick, when I refused, he got very angry and attacked me. While we were fighting, I hit his head with a stick.
“Before I knew what was happening, blood was gushing out from his head and he collapsed. When the bleeding became serious, neighbours assisted and rushed him to a nearby hospital (names withheld) at Ikotun. Unfortunately, he was confirmed dead on arrival by the doctor on duty.
”I was arrested by the Ikotun Divisional police before I was transferred to State Criminal Investigation Department. We  had no  misunderstanding before the incident”.

No comments:

Post a Comment