goal.com
The 26-year-old was presented with lucrative offers from both the Premier League outfit and a Qatari side, but opted instead to move to Signal Iduna Park to work with Jurgen Klopp. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has revealed that he nearly joined Premier League strugglesNewcastle three years ago, but held out for a move to Borussia Dortmund.
The Gabon international is now one of Europe’s deadliest strikers, having scored 21 Bundesliga goals already this season, and is reported to be a £70 million target for the likes of Manchester United and Chelsea.
Back in 2013, though, the forward’s old club Saint-Etienne had pushed for him to join Newcastle, but he opted to spurn their advances in favour of Dortmund despite a bigger offer on the table from the Magpies.
“I received an offer from Qatar of €10m per year. If I accepted, my family would be set up for life,” Aubameyang told L'Equipe.
“We chose to stay at Saint-Etienne, where I got €70,000 per month, knowing that, given my qualities, I could earn money tomorrow. “The following season, Saint-Etienne wanted to send me to Newcastle.
“We opted for Dortmund, finalist in the Champions League, because my father studied Klopp's game, even though the pay was lower.”
No comments:
Post a Comment