Tuesday 23 June 2015

Why I joined Esperance FC – Super Eagles star, Sokari

premiumtimesng.com

Super Eagles and former Enyimba midfielder, Kingsley Sokari, has said that he joined Esperance Football club because he had to start his foreign career with the Tunisian league.
The 20-year-old former Enyimba international midfielder expressed his delight with the deal.
“I feel so happy because this is a starting point to greater heights,” he told PREMIUM TIMES. “I just have to start my career somewhere.”
Some fans had queried Sokari’s move to North Africa as they believe he should have gone to either of Turkey, La Liga and other big leagues in Europe.
But the player said he was confident those opportunities will come in the future.
The player who gladly shared some pictures from the signing ceremony on his Facebook page, further disclosed that he signed a three-year contract with the club.
“I signed a three-year deal with Esperance. And of course the Nigerian league is a great league which I will miss, but I will miss my team mates in Enyimba more,” he said.
The contract will kick off from next season because the player had featured for Enyimba at this year’s CAF champion’s league. He will join other Nigerians, Emem Uduok and Bernard Bulbwa, who signed for the club in January and April respectively. Esperance Sportive de Tunis are 26-time Tunisian League Champions.
Kingsley Sokari

No comments:

Post a Comment