Friday 29 April 2016

Wilfred Ndidi expresses relief at Super Eagles chance

goal.com

The former junior international has said that he never doubted his ability despite his inability to make his debut for the senior team previously and will take his chance now.
KRC Genk midfielder, Wilfred Onyinye Ndidi has expressed relief at another invitation to the Super Eagles with a promise to make a good impression with the coaches this term.
Ndidi had received previous call ups before now but is yet to play in an official match for the Nigeria senior team and that he would ensure to make the best use of the chance presented him during the two international friendlies against Mali and Luxembourg slated for France and Luxembourg City on May 27 and June 1 respectively.
“I am grateful to God for this chance. I was last invited by the Eagles’ coaches during one of the games in Port Harcourt last year under coach Sunday Oliseh but I was not given enough chance to prove myself. I will ensure I seize this opportunity with both hands. Nothing will stop my ambition to play for my country," Ndidi told Goal.
“Even though I was not used in the previous call up I believe so much in my ability that if I continue to play very well for my club, it will give me an access to be called up again.”
The 91-year-old defender has been a super regular for his Belgian side, making 30 appearances and scoring two goals, and they are currently playing in the season ending play off to determine the League champions. Genk are fourth on the log with 33 points and are facing Club Brugge away in the next round of matches on Friday evening.
He last found the back of the net on April 20 when he scored a brilliant goal - the curtain raiser in their 4-2 thumping of Club Brugge in the first leg played in Genk.   

No comments:

Post a Comment