The experienced defender is confident that he will succeed at the Liga giants and has vowed to give his all for the Catalans
Jeremy Mathieu is determined to silence his critics and prove Barcelona right for spending €20 million on him ahead of the 2014-15 campaign.

Question-marks have been raised over whether the former Valencia defender has what it takes to succeed at the Camp Nou side and whether he's worth his hefty transfer fee at the age of 30, but Mathieu is confident that he will become an instant hit at Barca.

"It’s difficult to join a team after someone like Carles Puyol leaves, but I will show Barca that they made a good choice in signing me," the defender told Barca TV.

"I will give 100 per cent of myself and I hope everything goes well on the pitch.

"Being 30 gives you more tranquillity and experience when you talk to the press and deal with the atmosphere of big clubs. I’m very ready for the demands and pressure.

"I won’t have any problems when it comes to finding my place in the team. But for now, I have to do all my talking on the pitch.

"I came to Barca to win all of the titles that I’ve haven’t won yet."

The 30-year-old could make his unofficial Barcelona debut in Saturday's friendly against Nice.