Friday 27 October 2017

Zidane prepared for Real exit

Livescores

The former Real Castilla coach, who took up the reins of the first team following the dismissal of manager Rafael Benítez at the beginning of 2016, was named FIFA's Manager of the Year this week.

In his short time in charge of the club, Zidane claimed the 2017 La Liga title, the 2017 Supercopa de España, two Super Cup, a Club World Cup and back-to-back Champions League victories.

As he comes off the back of a convincing 3-0 defeat of Eibar in the league, Zidane is preparing his side for a number of games in quick succession, including Thursday's Copa del Rey tie with Fuenlabrada, Sunday's league clash with Girona, and a European encounter with Tottenham Hotspur.

Speaking to FIFA's official website, the manager says he is already prepared for one day when he is no longer on top as a manager.

Marca reported: "Football always brings ups and downs so you need to understand how to recover.

“If you are on an up then you have to try and stay there but I am aware that one day it will end for me at Madrid and I am prepared for that.

“I know that I am at a club that is used to winning trophies, the Champions League of course, but more so La Liga which I think is more difficult.

“My supposed ability to lead top players is based on my passion for football and my profession. More than the titles that I won as a player it is important that the players believe in my message and what I put in practice.

“If the players have faith in you then you can go a long way.”

No comments:

Post a Comment