Friday 25 August 2017

Ibrahimovic pens new United contract

Livescores.com

The 35-year-old picked up the injury in April and is only expected to be back to full fitness in October, but the Red Devils have opted to sign the Swede for another season.

Ibrahimovic was prolific in front of goal last term, scoring 28 goals in 46 appearances across all competitions. He will take the number 10 shirt, vacated by Wayne Rooney, as Romelu Lukaku is donning the number 9.

"I am back to finish what I started," he told the club's official website. "It was always mine and the club's intention for me to stay. I cannot wait to get back out on that Old Trafford pitch, but I also know that I have to take my time to make sure that I am ready.

"I have been working hard and will continue to do so to make sure I am in the best possible condition for my return to the pitch."

United boss Jose Mourinho added: "We are delighted Zlatan is on the road to recovery and we are equally delighted to have his ambition and experience back with us.

"After his contribution last season he deserves our trust and we will be patient waiting for him to return. I have no doubt that he will be important in the second part of the season."

No comments:

Post a Comment