Monday 28 August 2017

Conte: I'm committed to Chelsea

Livescores.com

Conte agreed an improved two-year deal in the summer after leading Chelsea to the Premier League title in his first season, but there are ongoing rumours the Italian is unhappy with the club's transfer activity.

Chelsea signed Alvaro Morata, Tiemoue Bakayoko and Antonio Rudiger in the summer, but missed out on Romelu Lukaku, while Nemanja Matic also moved to Old Trafford.

With the summer transfer window set to close this Thursday, Conte said he will focus on working with players already at Stamford Bridge.

"My message for the fans is always the same: I'm totally committed to the club and to improve my players and team," Conte said following Sunday's game with Everton.

"I'm a coach not a manager and my best work is on the pitch improving my players and team. Then when you want to strengthen your squad you have to give your opinion, then the club goes in the transfer market to try to solve the situation.

"Sometimes it is possible, sometimes it is not, but I must be focused on the pitch and to work with my players.

"Don't forget when we start, next month, in September we have to play seven games. I need to rotate my players because it’s very difficult to play seven games in a month.

"The club is working very hard to strengthen the squad. They know very well our situation. But I repeat, I'm ready in every case to continue to work with this group of players, with the players we have."

No comments:

Post a Comment