Monday 25 January 2016

Akinjide Idowu eager to establish self at Portland Timbers

goal.com

Following his move to the American outfit, the Nigeria youth international is hoping settle down quick, while hooping to make the Dream Team VI Olympic squad.
Akinjide Idowu has expressed his desire to be a constant figure at Portland Timbers 2 outfit.
The former Golden Eaglets and Flying Eagles midfielder signed a two-year contract with Andrew Gregor’s side ahead of 2016 season.
According to him, the move to the United States would help him develop his abilities as he hopes to feature at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio.
"I feel excited signing for Portland Timbers. The staff, coach and everyone here were very happy an extremely excited to have me. I've started training with the first team since Saturday,” Idowu told Goal.
"I have been listed with first team and by Friday we will be traveling for our pre-season. 
"To be candid, it has been my dream to get myself with one of the top team abroad to establish myself and get myself much better.
"Also, I am hoping to feature for Nigeria U23 at the 2016 Olympics in Rio but my major priority is to establish myself in my new team,” he concluded.
Akinjide was a part of the Golden Eaglets squad that won the 2013 Fifa U17 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates. He also played a key role in the Flying Eagles’ outing at  the 2015 Fifa U20 World Cup in New Zealand.

No comments:

Post a Comment